The 2nd Annual Canadian Awards for the Electronic and Animated Arts (CAEAA) has announced a call for judges from video game and animation companies for the 2007 Elans held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on November 2, 2007 at The Centre in Vancouver for the Performing Arts.
The CAEAA says that while its awards are primarily held for Canadian companies, this year the Elans will include international categories for every participating country around the world.
The categories "Outstanding Innovation in Gaming", "International Game of the Year", "Best International Feature Length Animated Production", "Best International Animated Production (Television Series)" and "International Student of the Year Award" will be added this year to the ceremony.
The CAEAA has described its judicial process as follows:
* Jury Panels consist of 5 Jurors per Panel.
* Each Category has one Panel.
* No Juror sits on more than one Panel.
* Each Industry's Panels consist of Jurors from within their Industry.
* All Companies/Institutions providing Jurors may provide more than one.
* No two representatives from one Company/Institution will be selected by the CAEAA to sit on the same Panel.
* Every Juror must sign a non-conflict agreement to be approved by the CAEAA.
* Each CAEAA Industry Category is juried by Panels from outside of Canada.
* Each International Category is juried by Panels from within Canada.
Said Elans founder and producer Holly Carinci, "The response to our Call for Submissions
has been absolutely outstanding. This is the first year we opened to international competition and we haven't even staged our second awards show, yet we received just amazing, even excited, replies from Animation Studios, Video Game Companies and Digital Art/New Media Institutions from around the world."
Interested game industry full time employees who would like to be a judge can email Carinci directly
. The organization adds that "names of both the judges and their companies will be released but not the Category Panel on which they have been placed prior to the month of September 2007 during which all Judicial Process will be completed."