It's hard to believe that Reddit -- with a dozen gaming-related sub-reddits -- had no community dedicated to game PR. Crazy, right? I thought so too.
So I created it -- on a whim, to be honest. Feel free to pay us a visit at http://www.reddit.com/r/gamepr/.
Only a few days in, we already have 97 subscribers and a fair amount of submissions on the front page. The problem is that next-to-no-one is actually submitting new content. All the content on the sub-reddit was submitted by me and one other subscriber. That's it.
I can can't call on the Internet Police to fix it. It needs to be us. Game developers. PR practiotioners. Guys and gals interested in all the places where public relations and games intersect.
The kind of content we're interested in:
- PR postmortems
- First-hand experience going it alone or hiring a PR firm
- War stories involving Reddit and public relations
- Interesting news related to game PR
- Tips & tricks
- Funny links related to game PR
- [inserts awesome submission idea here]
So... Are you in? If so, I'll see you at /r/gamepr!