The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Kabam Los Angeles is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. Our studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences.
We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values… but most of all, we care about our community of players. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
If you’re thinking about joining our close-knit team you should love games, be world-class at making them, and understand fundamentally that great business results come from great games and loyal players. At Kabam LA you’ll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, Empires and Allies, and Diablo.
Day to day:
- Collaborate with the art team on improving existing rendering quality
- Research new methods of pushing the visual quality of our games
- Help identify bottlenecks in our art pipeline and work to improve them
- Implement scalable rendering solutions for varied hardware devices
- Assist where necessary within a small engineering team
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative, agile and small team environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
MUST Have Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of graphics APIs (especially OpenGL ES 2, 3), shaders, and hardware
- Experience optimizing and profiling graphics performance across different hardware specifications
- Solid understanding of 3D and graphics-related math
- Solid CS fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Enjoys working on small, agile teams
- Motivated, and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
- 1+ years’ experience with Unity3D and C#
- iOS and Android API/hardware experience
- Experience profiling and optimizing Unity3D game performance
- Shipped titles on iOS and Android
- Enjoys playing strategy games
Full Health, Dental, and Vision; 401k matching; $250 gym reimbursement; $1000 per year educational stipend; tons of snacks, drinks, etc.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.**
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.