The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Bedford, MA
iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations, headquartered in Bedford, MA, was founded in September of 2004 by David Kaemmer, co-founder of Papyrus Racing Games, and John Henry, principal owner of the Boston Red Sox.
iRacing.com’s mission is to create the world’s leading and most authentic PC-based racing simulation and grow a new branch of motorsport through real-time, online competition – otherwise known as simracing. iRacing now has over 40,000 members and growing every day.
iRacing is always looking for talented individuals to join the team! We offer a rewarding culture and competitive salary and benefits
With moderate direction and supervision provide testing and QA support and tracking for racing game application. Conduct thorough requirements, test plans and design reviews and gain an understanding of the functional and non-functional testing requirements.
Participate in entire testing lifecycle, including test plans for regression testing, test preparation & test execution.
Write software scripts to aid in testing. Specifically, learn to formulate and execute test cases and scripts to determine if the application under test is ready for production. Further develop testing/QA/ software bug process and policies.
Work cooperatively and productively with a team of software engineers and alpha in-game testing groups. Evaluate, track, manage and help prioritize projects and software bugs. Potentially be trained to manage and execute software builds for various environments.
- Create and or follow established processes, perform and document test activities for assigned work within agreed upon schedules.
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python for test automation
- Develop estimates for the testing effort.
- Ensure all test cases and bugs stored in a bug system
- Responsible for setting up test data.
- Conduct tests, regression testing and report the results.
- Manage bugs/problems and provide reports as required.
- Develop test plans and reports that are clear, concise, and convey all necessary information to make informed project and deployment decisions.
- Facilitate the review of project test plans.
- Prioritize test cases and bug fixes based on priority of requirements
- Involved in the software build function potentially leading up to being trained to manage and execute software builds
College level coursework or degree within area of responsibility, or equivalent level of skill through on-the-job training, experience and seminars. College undergraduate degree preferred in technology or software engineering fields.
- QA application testing and or equivalent application knowledge
- Familiarity with C++, Java and web technologies
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Strong gaming background
- Self-driven with excellent organization skills
- Basic understanding of test methodologies and testing processes
- General understanding of software deployment practices and tools
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills conducive to working in a team environment
- Possibility to expand role to other areas including software build deployment & software engineering
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.