The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Burbank, California
Insomniac Games is searching for a Sr. Concept Artist, responsible for creating pre-visualization work that includes but is not limited to environment, character, and props, blending significant industry experience and artistic versatility to a variety of production tasks. Possesses the agility required to move quickly between technical and artistic challenges. In addition, Artist must leverage experience and knowledge to provide feedback, mentoring, and recommendations throughout the course of product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Serves as a mentor for the art team, assisting in training while sharing techniques and workflow
- Creates pivotal content for new or existing properties
- Assists in setting the artistic direction for new and existing properties
- Assists in setting "quality targets" for new or existing properties
- Provides detailed and relevant feedback across a variety of creative material
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and critique marketing and advertising art
- Utilizes industry experience to provide clear recommendations on team structure, company policy, and artistic direction
- Serves as a "Jack of All Trades" assisting production across a variety of disciplines
- Displays an expertise across a variety of artistic disciplines including design, composition, color theory, rhythm, and balance
- Displays an ability to lead by example amidst artistic and technical challenges
- Ability to create work seamlessly throughout a diverse selection styles and sensibilities
- Display a proven track record of dependability, consistency, and high quality work
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Provides feedback, mentoring, and recommendations to art teams.
Education and/or Experience: Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert understanding of Photoshop or equivalent required.
- Understanding of Maya’s modeling and texture tool sets and Z-brush a plus.
- Ability to adapt to proprietary tools.
- Mastery level of demonstrated ability with color theory, anatomy, composition, design, perspective, lighting, and painting.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
Please Note: This is a Fixed-Term contract with an expected end date. We anticipate the service period for this contract to be for 6-months.
If you are interested in applying for our Sr. Concept Art role, please submit your application, resume and portfolio using the link provided. We look forward to reviewing your work!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.