The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Cambridge, MA
Harmonix brought the world the thrill of performing as a rock star through the plastic instruments of Rock Band and Guitar Hero and transformed couch-bound gamers into unstoppable dancers through the magic of full-body motion tracking in Dance Central.
In every facet of their titles, Harmonix strives to innovate, delivering world-class entertainment experiences that garner consistent critical praise and set industry standards for quality and fun.
Harmonix has an immediate opening for a passionate, motivated, and highly skilled Gameplay Engineer to join our world-class team. You will work with designers, artists, musicians, and engineers to bring our work to life on brand new IP, across multiple platforms.
- Invent, prototype, iterate on, and deliver novel gameplay mechanics.
- Implement robust, user-friendly, designer-facing tools and pipelines.
- Write clean, bug-resistant, well-documented and efficient code.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years of industry C++ programming for PC or console.
- 2+ years of game programming
- Demonstrated ability to build robust, complex gameplay systems.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Regularly exercised strong applied math skills (discrete math, simulation, or signal processing).
- Worked creatively and cooperatively with cross-discipline teams.
- Familiarity with audio systems and their integration into gameplay mechanics.
Harmonix Music Systems is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/AAP