Release Date Trailer: https://youtu.be/aUaVPh0-vYs
LONDON, UK – March 27, 2023 – Discover fully-simulated cities of crime & corruption and become a renowned private investigator in Shadows of Doubt, an immersive sandbox detective sim, launching April 24 on Steam Early Access.
Think like a detective and investigate crimes on your path to catching a serial killer, using a variety of gadgets to crack each case. Explore unique, sci-fi noir cities and meet individual citizens each with their own name, job, apartment and daily routine. Track down suspects and approach each case your way: scan fingerprints, check call histories, read private emails, bribe citizens, watch CCTV, or pick locks, break down doors and sabotage security systems - you call the shots on how to solve each case.
For its initial launch into Steam Early Access, Shadows of Doubt will include ‘The Dead of Night’ – a specially crafted case to introduce the game – and a Sandbox Mode, featuring an endless number of cases to investigate and civilians to meet, a variety of equipment and dense procedurally-generated cities to explore. The Early Access roadmap will be revealed next month, outlining additional content and features coming to the game ahead of a full 1.0 release targeted for later this year.
- Become a private investigator and track down a serial killer in a fully-simulated sci-fi city. Think like a detective and use a variety of gadgets to gather evidence and solve cases in this truly unique detective experience.
- Meet individual citizens, each with their own name, job, apartment and daily routine, in unique, procedurally-generated cities.
- Take on new cases to earn cash, purchase new gadgets and equipment, and customise your apartment.
- Gather evidence to build your case - scan fingerprints, check call histories, read private emails, watch CCTV, and find key pieces of evidence to gather information and accuse your suspect.
- Play your own way - pick locks, break down doors, sabotage security systems and bribe citizens for information, or stick to the law and play by the book. There are multiple ways to approach each case.
- Explore every room in every building, and talk to every citizen. Lose yourself in a detailed sci-fi noir world.
“The incredible reaction to our earlier demo and the award for Ukie’s UK Game of the Show at gamescom 2022 makes us certain that players will love the experience Shadows of Doubt has to offer,” said Sean Campbell, Product Manager at Fireshine Games. “It’s a unique detective sim unlike anything you’ve ever seen before, and we’re looking forward to players immersing themselves in the game’s fully-simulated cities next month.”
About ColePowered Games
ColePowered Games is an indie development studio founded by Cole Jefferies, currently working on stealth detective game 'Shadows of Doubt’. Previously developed city building puzzler ‘Concrete Jungle’.
About Fireshine Games
Fireshine Games is a global publisher of digital and physical videogames based in London, England. Originally established in 2014 under the name Sold Out, Fireshine Games works with studio giants such as Team 17, Rebellion and Frontier Developments as well as introducing new indie dev studios to the world like Pugstorm, Stonewheat & Sons, Spiral Circus, ColePowered Games and many more - publishing for physical and digital distribution. Fireshine is also part of the EG7 group of companies. For more information on Fireshine Games and its upcoming titles, visit the official website at fireshinegames.co.uk.