Manila, Philippines, 4 August 2022 – Today, developer Winter Crew premiered the first full trailer for Fallen Tear: The Ascension, a narrative-focused 2D metroidvania coming to PC, with further platforms to be announced. Explore, bond with new friends, make choices, and fight to save a vast magical world on the brink of destruction by the gods. Watch the stunning new trailer here: https://youtu.be/bh-GCGyeR1E
Centuries after the end of a devastating war between the gods, the fantastical world of Raoah is suffering and dying in its wake. The last hope for salvation resides in the forgotten past of Hira, a boy veiled in secrets and mystery. Find answers, allies, and an antidote to the coming calamity as you adventure as Hira through these once-paradisal lands.The end is coming, but you don’t have to face it alone: form complex bonds with new friends along the way, each with their own stories and quests to tackle as you strive to recruit them to your cause.
In Fallen Tear: The Ascension, learning the fast dance of combat and traversal is key as you’ll face myriad beasts, bosses, and even the gods themselves across a multitude of impressive but dangerous interconnected biomes. Choose your own path from the outset as you explore, uncover secrets, solve puzzles, and recruit friends to support your journey through a reactive open-world.
- Explore an open and constantly changing world that reacts to the choices you make.
- Unleash Hira’s secret weapon and transform into his all-powerful ultimate form.
- A first-class cast of voice talent brings every character, creature, boss, and story moment to life.
- Find refuge in The Temple of Oras where you can craft new weapons, upgrade abilities, acquire new quests, and bond over a meal. Each new ally brings new opportunities!
- Welcome help from friends with the unique and interchangeable bond summoning system.
- Save Raoah your way with customizable playstyles, abilities, and dwelling layout.
- Delight in the gorgeous hand-drawn 2D art and animation, and the immersive soundtrack composed by Lukas Piel.
Fallen Tear: The Ascension, the debut game from Winter Crew, is bringing its unique blend of narrative, action, exploration, and choice to PC (further platforms TBA) when it’s ready. Wishlist today on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1446900/Fallen_Tear__The_Ascension/
Press Kit: https://www.notion.so/playertwopr/Fallen-Tear-The-Ascension-Presskit-51942b5661f34873a42915e697f873c2
New Trailer: https://youtu.be/bh-GCGyeR1E
Fallen Tear on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fallenteargame
Press / content creator contact: [email protected]
About Winter Crew:
Founded in 2020 by Philippines-based parent company CMD Studios to focus solely on developing original video games of the highest quality, Winter Crew are a small team of passionate developers working on their debut title, Fallen Tear: The Ascension. While this is Winter Crew’s first original video game, their team has a long history of developing games for international clients - ranging from AAA gaming studios to first-in-class animation studios. As storytellers and players who love the video game medium and its community, they hope to engage, inspire, and create memories for players that will last a lifetime.