The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Roswell, GA
As an independent studio and publisher, Tripwire develops the games that they want, on their own schedule. Tripwire provides a professional yet non-corporate environment where every team member’s input matters. Based in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta, Tripwire is in the perfect area for those that enjoy sunny weather and a relatively low cost of living.
Tripwire Interactive is currently looking for a Lead Designer to join the team behind the hit Killing Floor and Red Orchestra series. As Lead Designer you will have the opportunity to work with a design team that has already created some of the most popular multiplayer shooters in the world.
The ideal candidate will bring the skills to the table to grow the design capabilities of this team even further. We are in the early design phases of a new game and the Lead Designer will have the opportunity to help guide the design of that game. The Lead Designer should have excellent game design ability in both single and multiplayer and be a proven leader. Tripwire has a unique collaborative design process with a core Design Team collaborating to design our games - the Lead Designer will be the cornerstone of this team. Finally, the perfect candidate will be a designer that doesn't accept the status quo and is willing to push the envelope in their designs and try new things. Do you have the skills, experience and ability we're looking for? If you do apply now and help us take our games to the next level!
- Work closely with the core Design Team to drive the creation and refinement of game designs
- Coordinates with Design Team members and the Producer to help define scope, schedule design tasks and meet milestone demands
- Perform ongoing design to iterate on, improve, and flesh out the game design throughout the development process from early design to post release add-ons
- Work closely with the Lead Level Designer to manage the creation of levels
- Work with all departments on the scheduling and integration of the game design, as well as game feature development goals and execution
- Lead, coordinate and participate in collaborative efforts to implement and balance gameplay features, based on the design
- Mentor the design team to grow their skill sets and capabilities
- Establish and maintain best practices and processes for the design team.
- Maintain communications with all team members, team leads and executive management, internally and externally
- Suggest and lead process improvement initiatives
- Lead Designer experience on at least one product from start to finish
- At least 5 years of experience as a level designer
- Shipped title experience with both single player campaigns and multiplayer
- Excellent design skills and thorough understanding of game design theory
- Demonstrated ability and desire to "think outside the box" when designing, challenge existing design paradigms, and push the envelope of design
- Ability to clearly articulate complicated systems to other team members and senior management
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, leading to a demonstrated ability to work within a team structure
- Minimum of 2 shipped products with design credit.
- At least 1 shipped title which is a first person shooter
Preference to applicants with:
- 7+ years industry experience
- Unreal Engine 3 level creation and design experience
- Large scale (32 players or more) multiplayer design experience
Tripwire Interactive offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package and a professional but non-corporate environment. Think going on a fully paid company cruise would be fun? So did we, which is why we just took one. This position is full-time onsite at our studio in Roswell, GA
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.