The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Blue Isle Studios is looking for a level designer!
We are looking for a skilled level designer to help us out with our brand new project; a first-person multiplayer game featuring large, beautiful environments. The ideal candidate is able to work closely with art, design and programming to develop high quality experiences for players on all kinds of platforms ranging from PC to consoles. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate and excited to create amazing video game experiences.
This is a full-time employment position working from our office located in downtown Toronto. We are not looking for remote work at this time.
The primary role will consist of designing large outdoor environments in UE4. The right candidate is able to create beautiful, natural looking environments while at the same time building exciting and meaningful gameplay. We are looking for someone who can combine artistic skills with technical design in equal parts.
- Three years' experience as a level designer, with at least one year designing levels for a first-person game
- One year experience working with Unreal Engine
- One shipped title on PC or consoles
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to create large, open worlds
- Ability to quickly whitebox gameplay and design
- Ability to use art assets when designing in editor
- Knowledge and experience using World Machine
- Strong pen and paper design skills
- Modeling experience in 3ds Max or Maya
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects
- Strong traditional art skills
Blue Isle Studios is a fast growing, independent studio based in Toronto, Canada. This position affords you the opportunity to work with and have a large impact on our development team as we grow. If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.