[Gamasutra rounds up the latest news in the world of App Store gaming, featuring standout releases like Mythlia, Bring Me Sandwiches, Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots, and Bike Baron.]
- Bring Me Sandwiches Is Like A Sidescrolling Katamari Damacy For iOS
"Instead of repopulating the galaxy with stars, you're gathering junk all over the world to create a huge sandwich that will satisfy the appetite of an invading alien and convince it to not destroy our planet. The more stuff you collect, the bigger items you can add to your sandwich."
- Puss in Boots-Themed Fruit Ninja Expansion Arrives in App Store
Based on an upcoming CG-animated film, Halfbrick's Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots
introduces a number of new gameplay modes and mechanics.
- Funfia Launches Bullet-Hell iOS Shooter Mythlia
"Cave isn't the only developer tackling the bullet-hell shooter genre on iOS platforms. App Store newcomer Funfia has launched Mythlia
, a danmaku shooter featuring multiple stages and selectable weapons."
- Mage Gauntlet: A Loot-Heavy, 16-Bit-Styled Action-RPG
developer Rocketcat Games releases a level-based action-RPG inspired by titles like A Link to the Past
and Secret of Mana
- Wii Homebrew Standout Helium Boy Arrives On iOS, Android
"If you've softmodded your Wii, you might have stumbled across Helium Boy
, an often-recommended title among the platform's available homebrew games. Developer Bertil Horberg has ported the game to iOS, and Helium Boy
is now available in the App Store for $1.99."
- Physics-Based Stunt Racer Bike Baron Hits App Store
Similar in concept to Trials HD
, Mountain Sheep's debut App Store offering boasts over 40 levels and a built-in track editor.
- Angry Birds Seasons Gets Halloween-Themed Update
Version 2.0 of Angry Birds Seasons
adds a collection of 30 new levels, new achievements, and a new bird type.