The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Sealost Interactive LLC, the studio behind The Thrill of the Fight, is looking for a talented 3D artist with strong industry experience to be in charge of visual quality for a breakout indie game franchise. Candidate will handle art production within their means, and will also work with and manage specialized contractors as needed.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about and genuinely interested in their craft. Candidate should be capable of communicating with the engineering team to determine the best solutions for visual quality within technical and scope restrictions of the project.
This position is remote and applicants will be considered anywhere within the United States. Escape the crunch of the big studios and come work with a small, tight-knit team in a low-pressure, relaxed atmosphere!
What You'll Work On
- Establish art pipelines and standards for the company
- Define the visual style and design of our games and ensure consistency
- Create and customize 3D art assets
- Provide feedback and quality control for third-party art deliverables
- Work closely with the engineering team to maximize visual impact relative to performance cost
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has an understanding and passion for art and visual design
- Is experienced in creating 3D assets for video games
- Has industry experience working with photorealistic art
- Is a forward-thinking, can-do person, with the ability to self-manage to a high level of success
- Is a strong leader that can comfortably work alongside contractors as needed
- Strong knowledge of Maya
- Experience working with VR
- Familiarity with photogrammetry
- Comfortable with the fundamentals of both character and environmental design
Who are we?
Sealost Interactive LLC is a small indie studio working on the sequel to our hit VR success, The Thrill of the Fight. We’re dedicated to making awesome games that we genuinely love to work on while treating our employees like human beings instead of tools.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Highly flexible, fully remote working hours with a low pressure, relaxed atmosphere and sane work weeks
- Virtually unlimited paid vacation/sick leave. As long as you communicate and don’t leave your teammates in the lurch, we want you to work when and how you’re at your best.
- The opportunity to develop cutting-edge games without big studio bureaucracy
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.