The joke about the fact that the Internet soon will be in every iron and refrigerator is still a joke. However, games are everywhere: on mobile devices, in social networks, on game portals, Capchas appeared with games. At the same time, modern computing power allows using amazing graphics in games and introducing 3D effects more and more, which increase the effect of presence.
Modern game at the development stage includes several components, on which the success of the game largely depends. This is the gameplay, design and graphics and, of course, the game engine. Today, game engines become complex technological platforms. Some of them are even provided free of charge. Others have quite liberal licensing terms.
- A lot of components for creating a game apart from the game logic itself
- The editor can be expanded with your own scripts
- Supports mobile development
- Source code of the engine is closed
Unreal Development Kit (UDK)
The development of the company Epic Games, which released this free package based on Unreal Engine 3, which provided an opportunity for testing their forces to novice developers. Free is for non-commercial use. The engine is multi-platform, all tools for creating 3D games, virtualization and simulation are available. There are ready game templates.
Support the creation of games for iOS, PC and game consoles. The development language is high-level, UnrealScript.
- In the trial version you get a full-featured editor
- Together with the engine there is a source code in which it is possible to dig deeper
- Beautiful visualization
- Integration with C ++
- Gentlemen, it is difficult. Good C ++ knowledge is required
NeoAxis 3D Engine
It can be used to create 3D projects: video games, simulators, virtual reality, etc. It can be effectively used as a tool for studying and working with graphic 3D technologies. You don't need to buy research papers for it. In its composition has a resource editor (for managing project resources), a map editor (for creating levels), and several additional utilities.
- According to the developers, it can be used in educational institutions to learn how to work with technologies for developing 3D graphics.
- There are examples of projects and a set of maps
- It is possible to embed in window applications.
- The ability to connect libraries to C / C ++
- Support in Russian. The developers are Russian.
- Not the best graphics