Sponsored By

Playstation.com Partners

Sony's hardware and software sales website, Playstation.com, has signed on a few partners. A group of 11 companies, including Namco, Square, and Konami, will take an expe...

Quang Hong

February 3, 2000

1 Min Read

Sony's hardware and software sales website, Playstation.com, has signed on a few partners. A group of 11 companies, including Namco, Square, and Konami, will take an expected 20 percent stake in the company when it launches on February 18. Sony Computer Entertainment will hold the remaining 80 percent of Playstation.com. Among other partners is Seven-Eleven Japan, giving Sony sales access at Seven-Elevens 8,000 retail locations in Japan. Playstation.com was set up with initial capital of $4.4 million.

About the Author(s)

Quang Hong

Blogger

Quang Hong is the Features Editor of Gamasutra.com.

Daily news, dev blogs, and stories from Game Developer straight to your inbox

You May Also Like