The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Austin, TX
Twisted Pixel is seeking an accomplished Senior/Mid-level Tools and Systems Engineer to work with a team of experienced programmers on our proprietary engine and tools. Candidate would be expected to work on all areas of game development, however would be primarily tasked with systems and tools related functionality.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team-oriented/collaborative approach to development, and be experienced in many areas of game development—including programming tasks related to a variety of subjects such as physics, graphics, gameplay, networking, math, tools, etc. Candidates must be focused on the quality of their work, be able to learn quickly, be able to complete any programming task efficiently, and be able to grasp new technologies and concepts quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify project-related technical risks or issues; ability to generate and execute creative solutions
- Implement tasks in the tools, game engine, and actual game
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks
- Design and develop game systems that contribute to the core technology framework
- Work closely with game designers, producers, engineers, and artists to ensure the highest quality product
- Design tools and systems that assists in empowering the team to make a better game
- Put in the effort and time necessary to complete tasks in a timely fashion as well as making sure they are robust, expandable, and fun
- Design and develop cutting edge technology
Skillsets & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years programming experience
- Outstanding C/C++ programming skills, and ability to grasp complex systems
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- At least one shipped console title
- A passion for games and game development
- Desire to put in the time and effort necessary to make a game great
- Experience with C# for tools development
- Experience with Lua as a game scripting language
- Experience with DX11
- Experience with low level console API’s
- Experience with low level performance optimizations
- Experience creating and optimizing HLSL shaders
- Experience working with a small team of programmers
If you feel you have the passion, dedication and skills that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Twisted Pixel Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.