Location: San Francisco, California
ToyTalk is seeking an experienced Engineer for prototyping & implementing unique and innovative gameplay systems. You will be working alongside the Chief Creative Officer and with a fast moving team that is engaged and passionate about making high quality unique experiences for our customers. Candidates should have a love of unusual and innovative games and enjoy working closely with fellow engineers, designers and artists in a creative and supportive atmosphere.
- Partner with engineers, designers and other disciplines to create robust and fun gameplay
- Discuss and review technical proposals and designs with engineers, designers, artists, and managers
- Ability to discuss technical topics with both engineering and nontechnical people
- Create and program new gameplay systems with a particular emphasis on character, conversation and artificial intelligence.
- Experience writing and maintaining technical design and system documentation
- Works with managers to ensure time estimates are accurate and achievable
- C/C++ programming proficiency.
- Must have worked on and shipped at least one title as a Software Engineer
- Experience with gameplay scripting
- Experience working with a game engine and its proprietary development tools
- A selfmotivated and problem solver with excellent debugging skills
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for making great games
Preference to candidates with:
- 3+ years of applicable professional games industry experience as a Software Engineer
- Indie game making experience.
- Experience working with Unity and its proprietary development tools
- Having participated in an Indie game jam of any kind is a plus.
Will also entertain candidates who prefer a contract position.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.