The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Rafael, California
Telltale’s Build Engineering group is responsible for managing build and distribution systems for episodic games on the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, iOS, PC, Mac and Android platforms. Working in a small group and communicating with production, QA, and core technology, they ensure accurate, platform tuned, and stable management of builds for the studio. The build engineer wears many hats; diagnosing bugs, building automated processes, and reviewing content for platform fidelity. It’s a great position to expand your knowledge of platforms, engine development and impact every game that Telltale ships.
- Produce a great deal of builds daily for QA and public distribution; which includes builds review, tracking, diagnosis, delivery, and archiving
- Creation of distribution builds and end-user presentation (installers, console finishing protocols, etc.)
- Design and implement tools and processes to support build automation and accurate delivery
- Take an active interest in game quality, ensuring content is at the highest quality for each platform
- Be communicative to production about status of builds, including changing priorities, product holds, engine stability, and estimation of delivery
- Debug issues in builds before they are delivered, identifying potential problem areas, investigating bugs, and mining data sets
- Surveying and notification of console development changes in support of the engineering team
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and background in build management and distribution (Console experience preferred)
- Able to demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Have proven strong organizational skills and task management skills
- Experience with C/C++ and development tools like Visual Studio
- Have a passion for games and a solid understanding of game platforms and systems
- Thrive under pressure, maintaining a steady pace to your work in the face of multiple deadlines
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3 or more years experience in the games business
- Previous build experience with any of the following platforms: Windows, Mac OSX, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PS3, PSP, or IOS devices
- Knowledge of continuous integration and automation systems (Cruise control, QuickBuild, anthill, Teamcity, etc.; Particularly Bamboo)
- Quality Assurance experience
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.