Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Are you ready to have a hand in implementing one of the most innovative MMORPG’s of the decade? Does the idea of creating never-before-seen gameplay mechanics invigorate you? Do you break the world down into classes, behaviors, and events in your sleep? You might be just the programmer we’re looking for!
Soulbound Studios is seeking a full-time Senior Gameplay Programmer to join the dedicated team working on Chronicles of Elyria here in Bellevue, WA.
In this position you will be collaborating with the Lead Client and Server Engineers, along with other Gameplay Programmers to bring the innovative new features of Chronicles of Elyria to life on the server.
We value people who aren’t constrained to particular technologies and are eager to learn new things to overcome anything that stands in the way of delivering value to players.
Come join the team that’s redefining the MMORPG genre!
- 5+ years of game development experience, preferably in the MMORPG space
- At least 2 previously shipped AAA PC title (bonus if MMO) in an equivalent type role
- B.Sc. or better in Computer Science or related program
- Strong Object-Oriented and problem-solving skills
- Expert-level C++ or C# programming skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team - strong communication skills within and outside programming discipline
- A passion for video games
- Proficiency with the Unreal Engine and other 3rd-party libraries
- Experience developing cross-platform applications for PC, Mac, and VR
- Experience developing for consoles
- Agile development exposure (eXtreme Programming, Scrum, etc.)
- Familiar with unit testing
- Handy with a NERF gun
- Implement solutions to some of the most challenging problems you can imagine
- Bridge the gap between the Design and Client Teams, developing gameplay mechanics in a client/server architecture heavily utilizing Spatial OS.
- Write clean, well-tested, performant code
- Analyze and optimize systems as required
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.