The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Come join the award winning team at Sony Santa Monica Studio as a Tools Programmer!
We’re looking for all levels from Mid to Lead. You will be making the world a better place for everyone on the floor and everyone means world-class artists and designers, mostly, but your coder brethren as well.
You will work closely with one and all talking, interacting, understanding – and improving their lot in life. You would also be down in the guts of the processes, asking why and answering because – and adding awesomeness all the way around.
And you are talented, really talented, and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. And we leave you alone to do your thing. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
- Design and implement tools and technology to support build and engine pipelines (such as live-editing, iteration workflow, and asset compilation and processing).
- Work on run time engine tasks as needed to support specific project requirements.
- Help maintain existing systems.
- Support and assist customers.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks.
- Test and document code produced.
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed.
- Minimum five years professional programming experience.
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills.
- Expertise in C and C++.
- Proficient in linear algebra.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Perforce (or other SCM), build and build deployment systems (Jenkins, SN-DBS), Python, functional test automation, databases, and key-value data stores (SQL, Redis), Linux, Maya.
Interested? Get started here.
Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.