The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Marina Del Rey, California
Skydance Interactive is looking for a Sr. Gameplay Engineer to join our tight-knit studio. In this position you'll be responsible for maintaining and extending major game subsystems, creating and optimizing gameplay elements, and working with the design team to implement ideas while providing technical and creative feedback. At Skydance Interactive, we believe that a small, focused, and dedicated team of talented people can create exceptional games.
- Design and implement gameplay features within an established framework
- Take technical ownership of major game subsystems
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical and creative feedback
- Implement, debug and optimize systems in C++ and other languages
- Implement and augment tools to expose features to content creators
- Provide time estimates to leads and management; keep co-workers informed about progress of programming deliverables as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation
- Identify and communicate risks and roadblocks
- BS – MS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Gameplay Engineer required
- Excellent C++ programming and systems design skills
- Strong math skills, including 3D vector math
- Experience working with UE4 required
- Shipped at least 1 PC\Console game using UE4
- Shipped at least 1 game as a Software Engineer with responsibilities for gameplay
- Comfortable working within an established code base and conforming to existing code standards and best practices
- Comfortable working closely with designers, artists, and other members of the development team in a highly competitive environment
- Passion for games and game technology
- Unreal AI experience, a plus
- Xbox One/PS4 experience, a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.