The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Costa Mesa, CA
We are Shield Break Studios and we make games we want to play. As veteran game developers of Blizzard Entertainment, Riot Games, Activision, NCSoft, and Certain Affinity, we have worked on properties such as World of Warcraft, Halo, Call of Duty, Starcraft, Diablo
, and League of Legends
. Now for more than a year, we have been out on our own and in production on our first game!
is a team-based, multiplayer melee combat game set in a heavily stylized viking afterlife. Bierzerkers
was named one of Fortune Magazine’s Top 5 Indie games to watch at PAX Prime, and we are aggressively pursuing a first half 2015 launch target.
We are looking for another gamer-engineer and all-around C++ kung fu master who shares our passion for building and playing video games. You will code like a beast, champion ideas, and implement your designs as you fill out our core game dev team. As one of our 3 engineers, you will have oversight on engineering architecture, make huge impacts to game design, and have ownership in company direction. This is an extremely rewarding and challenging experience in which you will grow as a person more than you ever would in a corporate setting.
- Passion for gaming.
- Strong C++ and object-oriented design skills.
- 5-8 years experience on working in engineering with 2-3+ in video games.
- Proven ability to design algorithms that provide the desired gameplay results within real-time performance and memory budgets.
- Self-motivated and a strong teammate willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Comfort in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts.
- A self-motivator possessing the ability and drive to contribute towards and advance all aspects of a game.
- Communicate effectively with animators, designers, and artists to deliver high quality content.
- Passion for reading engine code like it’s poetry.
- Experience with UDK/UE4.
- Experience with online platforms (AWS, Steam, PSN, XB Live.)
- Experience with game engine sub-systems (collision/physics, animation, gfx ,particles/effects.)
- A degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience.
This is a full-time Senior Engineer position with Shield Break Studios. We are located in the beautiful and overly expensive Orange County, CA, so we are open to telecommuting arrangements as relocation is not required at this time for this position.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here