The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
rideOS is a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of Gopuff. We are responsible for driving innovation in Gopuff’s delivery optimization, fulfillment center operations, and other strategic initiatives. Collectively, our goal is to accelerate Gopuff’s mission to make daily life effortless.
As pioneers and industry-leaders of the "Instant Needs" category, Gopuff is the go-to solution for consumer’s immediate everyday needs, aiming to complete all deliveries within 30 minutes. Gopuff makes delivering grocery, home, baby & pet essentials and over-the-counter medications easy and affordable for everyone.
We are looking for a simulation engineer who is passionate about developing technology for the next generation of transport. You will be collaborating with other engineers to design and build advanced, scalable mapping and transportation-related applications. You will drive the development of our internal Simulation Platform, that we use to evaluate real world data from customers and test new features and optimization improvements. Since the Simulation Platform integrates with all of our products, you will get to chance to work with a wide range of teams.
As part of a high-growth startup, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with company product leaders, partners, and non-engineering parts of the business. Every member of our organization plays a critical role in shaping the future of our services, team, and culture.
What We Are Looking For:
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Proficiency in Java or C++
- Strong algorithm fundamentals
- Passion for mobility or next generation transport
- A strong desire to learn, collaborate and mentor
- Located or willing to commute to our office in Pittsburgh
- Experience writing simulations
- Experience with multi-agent systems
- Experience in game development
- Experience in the mobility, ride-sharing, or autonomous driving industry
- Experience building services and applications at high throughput
- Equity in a well-funded ($3.4b), rapidly-growing startup (Gopuff)
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Flexible PTO - We trust employees to manage their time off, most people take around 20 vacation days per year
- Flexible working from home policy, especially for folks with families or commuters
- Lunch provided 3 days a week, dinners reimbursed when working late
- Tax savings from 401K, FSA
- Investment in safety - we provide transport home when you work late
- Investment in health and wellness - we reimburse $80 per month for fitness/gym memberships
- Welcome dinners and happy hours for all new team members - we appreciate and value everyone who joins!
At rideOS, we place a strong emphasis on our culture, diversity, and employee wellbeing. We are proud to maintain our small startup hustle while also enjoying the benefits and excitement of Gopuff’s hypergrowth. Come join us to be a part of accelerating our collective mission. rideOS is an e-verified company.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.