The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Emeryville, California
NEXON M is a mobile game publisher based in Emeryville. Founded in 2013, NEXON M focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game DomiNations; Shiver Entertainment; and Turbo.
NEXON M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to work with a talented, proven team on Nexon-related titles. The Senior Software Engineer is a full stack engineer responsible for all aspects of developing, implementing, and evangelizing our technology initiatives within the company.
- Design and develop key client and server systems, SDKs/APIs, applications, and tools
- Provide code reviews for team members
- Contribute to the architecture of new features and extensible systems
- Contribute to key technical discussions
- Drive performance monitoring, tuning, and optimization
- Reinforce and promote best practices
- Play an important role in improving team's technical capabilities and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years software development experience in total
- 2+ years of C#, C/C++, or Java
- Solid computer science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design/architecture
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assist other software engineers in problem solving
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task
- Very strong communication skills and a collaborative approach
- Game development for Unity, iOS, Android, or Windows devices
- Application performance optimization
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, and/or MSSQL)
- Game server development and operations
- Sound decision making-skills
- Passion for getting things done, creating great games, and writing great software
This is a full-time position with NEXON M (nexonm.com). Our office is located in Emeryville—the Emery-Go-Round stops right outside. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.