The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Angeles, California
Yacht Club Games is working on a new 3D project and is building out our 3D team (and custom engine) to complement our existing 2D team. We are on the lookout to hire a capable mid to senior level gameplay programmer with a desire to build great gameplay experiences in a small, team-centered environment!
- Work collaboratively with designers, artists, musicians, programmers to implement and improve upon game designs with efficacy and efficiency
- Write and extend tools and gameplay systems
- Optimize runtime performance and team productivity
- Deep interest in playing and making games
- Self-motivated and curious with a willingness to continue learning
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of game design
- Proficient in C and C++ programming languages for creating 2D and 3D games
- Strong 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
- Applied problem solving abilities - in particular related to game design and developing gameplay systems
- Good oral and written communication skills; ability to work and contribute in a collaborative environment
- Experience with multi-threading
- Experience with low level debugging and optimization
- Experience writing multi-platform code
- Experience with GPU programming (graphics shaders, compute)
- Experience with network programming
- Experience with UI programming
- Experience with build systems
- Experience playing products from Yacht Club Games
Benefits & Perks
- Working in a collaborative environment where you are a core part of the team and are welcome to contribute to any aspect of the company that interests you!
- Creating fun and challenging games that tug at heartstrings and delight with charm
- Robust medical and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Generous Profit Sharing and Bonus plans
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% company match
- Unlimited discretionary vacation and sick days that we want you to use!
- Working in our beautiful office located in Los Angeles!
Yacht Club Games is an Equal Opportunity Workplace
The team at Yacht Club Games is committed to diversity and inclusion and we wholeheartedly encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds and voices to apply for this position!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.