The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Angeles, California
Yacht Club Games is looking for a talented mid-to-senior level gameplay programmer to join our team. We are eager for candidates looking to build great games along with us!
Working with a team (designers, artists, musicians, programmers) to implement and improve upon game designs with efficacy and efficiency.
Write and extend tools and gameplay systems. Optimize runtime performance and team productivity.
- Passionate about playing and making games
- Proficient in C and C++ programming languages for creating 2D and 3D games
- Strong 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
- Deep knowledge and understanding of game design
- Excellent problem solving abilities- in particular related to game design and developing gameplay systems
- Proactive, curious, and confident in learning on the fly
- Good oral and written communication skills; ability to work and contribute in a collaborative environment
- Multiple shipped console games
- Experience with multi-threading
- Experience with low level debugging and optimization
- Experience writing multi-platform code
- Experience with GPU programming (graphics shaders, compute)
- Experience with network programming
- Experience with UI programming
- Experience with build systems
- Experience playing products from Yacht Club Games
Benefits & Perks
- Every member is a core part of the team, involved in any part of the company that interests them!
- Working in our beautiful office located in Los Angeles (when it is safe to do so again)!
- Robust medical and dental insurance for you and your family members
- Generous Profit Sharing and Bonus plans
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% company match
- Unlimited discretionary vacation and sick days that we want you to use!
- Free onsite parking (when it is safe to do so again!)
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique games!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.