The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Austin, Texas
- Develop solutions that address design requirements in an efficient manner.
- Flexibility to work on multiple areas within the project (i.e. Gameplay, Networking, Animation, UI, Achievements, Optimization, etc.) but specialize and own at least one.
- Ability to work with multiple disciplines (i.e. Engineering, Art, Design, & Production) and communicate efficiently.
- Work with lead and producer to establish game related tasks and schedules.
- Track issues in Jira, prioritizing and communicating development progress.
- Provide critical analysis of development practices with the goal of improving game quality, team efficiency, and cultivating a positive working environment
- Profile and optimize various parts of the project including Performance & Memory.
- Adhere to high quality programming standards
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science OR equivalent in software development on large scale project(s).
- 4+ years of professional video game development.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience working on various platforms
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Ability to take ownership of multiple game systems and drive them to final quality
- Curiosity, ability to learn fast and to communicate concisely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Languages, such as C#, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses or equivalent competencies demonstrated in industry experience.
- Graphics Optimization
- Working on a project as a generalist
- Multiplatform SDK & API Management
- Experience with AAA game engines.
- Experience with Multi-Platform Development.
- Experience with Agile Development.
- Experience with Version Control (Perforce/GIT).
Nice to Have
- VR Development
- Mecanim Animation System (Unity)
- Photon Unity Network (PUN) System
- AI Systems
- Back-End Web Development (AWS/Azure/Google)
- Jenkins Continuous Integration
- Enhancing Rendering Systems
- Full time benefits
- Remote work and flexible hours
- Work with a highly passionate and experienced team spanning 20+ industry years.
- Great opportunity to help shape the future of a small growing company.
- Develop on the latest VR platforms and technologies.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.