The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Game Engineer, DMG Entertainment
Location: Beverly Hills, California
Come work on your favorite childhood robot including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and others. Help us defeat Megatron and the Decepticons!
DMG Entertainment has partnered with Hasbro for the development of the world’s first Transformers™-themed location-based entertainment center.
The Game Engineer must enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting-edge 3D graphics. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end and photorealistic graphics techniques applicable to characters and large-scale environments.
- Design and develop data and code following direction from programming leads
- Work independently to implement new functionality in game and tools
- Able to adapt quickly to new coding environments and programming standards
- Work on other programmers’ code, fixing bugs and implementing features
- Analyze performance and implement optimizations in both high and low-level code
- Quickly create standalone tools as needed to support the project
- Comfortable designing and implementing code for multi-processor environments
- Work with other team members to implement complex systems
- Work with teams in other companies to help them deliver finished products
- Some training and direction of entry-level programmers
- Avid video game enthusiast
- Unreal/Unity Engine
- Audio Experience (Wwise, FMOD, custom)
- Physics Experience (Havok, PhysX, Bullet, custom)
- Rendering Experience (D3D, OpenGL, PS4, XB1, other)
- Source Control (Perforce, Github, other)
- Microsoft Office
- VR/AR must be an area of interest.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good communication, organization and documentation skills
- Must have shipped one or more game title for console or VR
- Experience working in a large code base with multiple simultaneous branches
- 5+ years advanced C/C++
- 3+ years scripting languages (LUA, C#, Perl, etc.)
- Excellent debugging skills, able to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
- 3+ years debugging and analytical tools (Visual Studio, PIX, Razor, RAD Telemetry, etc.)
- Understands how to work well in limited resource environments (a.k.a. game console)
- Strong grasp of 3D math, physics, graphics, AI, networking, audio processing, data manipulation/ transformation, streaming, file systems, advanced programming techniques
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements:
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent 3+ years related work experience
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
What we offer:
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Kitchen area with free snacks and drinks.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.