The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Bit Fry Games Studio, an independent developer and publisher of video games for all major platforms, is composed of gaming and sports veterans who have come together to disrupt and reinvigorate the sports video-game market. The company’s first franchise, Ultimate Rivals, is a multi-sport, arcade-action sports platform featuring competitive online multi-player action for mobile, console and PC. Supported by ground-breaking licensing agreements with 10 professional sports organizations, games within the Ultimate Rivals franchise feature superstar athletes from the National Hockey League, National Basketball Association, the National Football League, Major League Baseball, Women’s National Basketball Association, and the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team, with more to come. The company is backed by leading names in sports (late NBA Commissioner Emeritus David Stern) and gaming (Xbox co-creator and managing partner of 1UP Ventures Ed Fries) as part of its investor team.
The Gameplay Engineer will work to design and implement gameplay systems in Unreal Engine 4. This mid-to-senior level engineer will join an ongoing product and will be required to innovate major gameplay systems for fast-paced, networked games. The engineer will be required to collaborate with the design team, production, and other engineering teams within the company.
- Design, build and maintain major gameplay systems
- Design, build and maintain other client or server systems
- Maintain and contribute to a shared code base across multiple games
- Address technical challenges and reduce technical debt
- Collaborate with designers to optimize game mechanics
- Demonstrate passion, care and commitment to high quality software products
- 4+ years of AAA game industry experience with shipping experience
- Experience and confidence to lead engineering efforts
- Experience developing complex gameplay systems
- Strong 3D math skills
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with scripting languages
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Ability to adapt and face dynamic challenges in a startup environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to accurately estimate time required for technical tasks
- Skilled with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Apple PlatformsExperience with PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo consoles
- Understanding of networked games
- Experience with live services
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.