The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Westwood, Massachusetts
Focus: AI & Gameplay
Irrational Games is currently looking for a Senior Programmer that is equally experienced in architecting and implementing AI and Gameplay systems. This position will work directly with the Lead Programmer, along with the Animation, Art and Design teams to create fun and interesting AI opponents and gameplay elements for our next title. This position will also be responsible for additional core responsibilities including, but not limited to general gameplay features, tools, engine technology, and build systems.
What You'll Do:
- Design, schedule, document and develop AI behaviors and systems, as well as gameplay systems.
- Coordinate consistently with all discipline heads to ensure that the code being developed addresses their needs.
- Design and implement algorithms for determining moves made by computer-based opponents, and incorporate all game mechanics to give the illusion of intelligent behavior.
- Extensive experience crafting AI for different game types.
- Have the ability to architect or significantly extended an AI decision framework.
- Build scaling factors to create a range of apparent skills and personalities to play against.
- Accurately schedule and track development efforts for assigned tasks.
- Review and critique code design and implementation from other programmers.
- Fill in as necessary for general gameplay, editor, engine, or even build system or tools tasks.
- Supervise junior or mid-level programmers as required.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years’ experience working on current generation AI.
- Shipped at least two game titles.
- Unreal Engine 3 and 4 experience highly desirable.
- Strong object-oriented design skills and proficiency in C++ programming and debugging.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong design sensibilities.
- Strong understanding of console design and optimization techniques.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and thorough testing procedures.
- Knowledge of classical AI techniques, game theory, and combinatorial optimization.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices.
- Knowledge of build systems.
- Experience interacting with external programming contractors.
- Multiplayer experience is a plus.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.