The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Graphics/Software Engineer, Intel
Location: Folsom, California
Visual & Parallel Compute Group (VPG) mission is to create the New Visual and Parallel Compute Experience. We are part of the Intel's Visual Technologies Team (VTT).
What We Do
In VPG we are focused on delivering Best-in-Class visual experiences that enable users to immerse themselves in a new visual future by innovating graphics, media and display IP technologies. We continuously innovate and delight our customers across the entire breadth of our offering – from low power battery operated devices, to PC’s and laptops, to data center blades.
Within VPG we have a Software group, come work with world-class graphics software engineers developing software for Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture. From drivers to compilers across all OSs, our software team delivers Intel’s 3D graphics, media, display and compute GPU Technology.
- Graphics Software Engineers: Performance, Drivers, Graphics APIs
- Graphics Compiler Engineers: Compute, Media, 3D, Performance
- Media Engineers: CODECs, Image Processing, Content Protection
- Software Engineers: Agile, Performance, Linux/Windows/MacOS
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Self-motivator with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Ability to work as a team and collaborate in a high-paced atmosphere
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s with 3+, Master’s with 1+ with years of experience.
- Discipline in: Computers Engineering/Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field.
Relevant experience in the following:
- Graphics Concepts: 3D, Media, Imaging & Display
- Graphics APIs: OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, OpenCL
- Hardware & Software Interfacing Skills
- C, C++ Scripting and Debugging: User & Kernel-mode Software
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Computer Vision Algorithms
- Simulation or Projection Modeling for Performance and Power
- Media & Display Standards: HEVC, VP9, AVC, HDR, DisplayPort, HDMI, etc.
US, California, Santa Clara; US, Oregon, Hillsboro;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.