Location: Durham, North Carolina
Insomniac Games is looking for a gameplay programmer, that person who is never satisfied with “good enough” and who is still looking for “that challenge” that will make the game as mind-blowing as possible, and raise the level of programming and code development for the whole group. We are looking for you to design and implement gameplay systems and features. Read on…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Design and implement gameplay features within an established framework
• Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base
• Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals.
• Provide time estimates to leads and management; keep co-workers informed about progress of programming deliverables as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong 3D math skills, including but not limited to practical knowledge of vectors and vector operations, matrices and matrix transformations, and the various different representations of rotations (Euler, angle-axis, quaternion).
• The basics of intersection testing and collision is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of C, C++ and Python programming languages.
• Adaptive coding style. Visual Studio experience and Maya experience a plus.
• Understanding of procedural, object oriented, and aspect oriented programming paradigms.
Other Skills: Good instincts for game design and creating fun and innovative gameplay. Dedication towards individual and team growth. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment. Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables. Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently when required. Ability to multitask several time intensive tasks at once.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you have been looking for, then we want to hear from you. Please use the link below to apply directly to the position.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.