The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
UI Programmer, Insomniac Games
Location: Burbank, California
Are you a C++ programmer who also knows your way around Scaleform, Flash, and ActionScript? Are you passionate about the user experience and building fundamental systems that touch every player? If so, Insomniac Games is looking for you!
In this role you will work in the Gameplay Programming department building the technical implementation of our HUD, in-game menus, frontend flow, and all other aspects of the user interface. You will collaborate closely with the UI artists and designers to deliver a smooth and robust player experience in our upcoming titles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and implement gameplay features within an established framework, including server functionality as appropriate
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base
- Implement and augment tools to expose features to content creators
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals
- Provide time estimates to leads and management; keep co-workers informed about progress of programming deliverables as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong 3D math skills
- Highly proficient in C/C++
- Familiarity with content creation in Flash and ActionScript 3
- Ability to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards.
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms.
- Familiarity with component-based programming paradigms and with networking programming.
Other Skills: Good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay. Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables. Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently when required. Ability to multitask several time intensive tasks at once.
If this sounds like the role for you, please use the link below and apply. We look forward to hearing from you! Thanks
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.