The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Online Programmer, Gameloft
Location: Seattle, WA
We are looking for motivated and skilled Online Programmers to join our talented and friendly programming staff. You will create new next generation mobile video games as well as maintain live services for existing successful mobile game projects.
- Work closely with the design teams to define and program/develop the online services portion of our games currently in development
- Assist the gameplay developers and other developers in coding the game applications on the client side with some server integration
- Suggest the best techniques to offer players the best network experience (optimize client/server exchanges and reduce latency and server load)
- Perform client/server programming
- Write unit tests where appropriate
- Produce clear, relevant documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, preferably specializing in network programming or web technologies
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++/PHP/mySQL
- 2+ years of professional experience programming in C++
- 2+ years of professional experience in developing and launching online multiplayer games or other relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills: active listening, accessible verbal and written presentation, and ability to describe technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working in large code bases with other programmers
- Comfortable in an Agile development environment
- Keen personal interest in video games with a solid knowledge of the field
All qualified candidates must pass a technical test as part of the interview process for this role.
Interested? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.