The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
System Software Engineer, Game Closure
Location: Mountain View, California
Game Closure is on the hunt for System Software Engineers to help us build the social games that guide the development of our mobile game engine. We are a 45 strong and growing team with offices in Mountain View, California, Oregon and Tokyo. If you want to join us to make great games on our cutting edge technology and truly make an impact, then we want to talk to you!
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team.
- Play a critical role in day-to-day coding, performance profiling, optimization, and general troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Architect and code sophisticated client/server systems for mobile gaming.
- Learn from and mentor other engineers on your team.
- Take ownership of your projects to make them the best they can possibly be.
- Provide valuable input on the company's long-term engineering roadmap and help identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Define the cutting edge of social gaming!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code with a special focus on mobile performance.
- Solid familiarity with 3rd party SDKs, analytics, and A/B testing in mobile games.
- Ability to interact with peers in a constructive and productive style.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Familiarity with git, svn, or other VCS.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, product managers, and other developers.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Canvas animation work
- 2+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped titles
- Both Android and iOS game development experience
- Specialized skills in a particular area of game development (for example: UI, Physics, graphics, multiplayer, game logic, etc.)
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.