The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Framingham, MA
Disruptor Beam is building a new generation of games for every screen, based on popular universes like Game of Thrones, Star Trek and The Walking Dead. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, alongside a veteran team, working with some of the most iconic brands in entertainment.
Help us create amazing social games for tablet, smartphones and the Web built around our award-winning formula of Strategy RPG storytelling and collectible content based in universes like Game of Thrones, Star Trek and The Walking Dead.
Are you a games enthusiast? If so, we’re looking for a Game Server Engineer who has experience building scalable server functionality to support our world class gameplay features and functionality, enjoyed by millions.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement game and support systems employing best practices, open standards, and cutting edge technologies.
- Collaborate with a small, tight team in developing successful games
- Explore new technologies and solve cutting edge technical challenges
- Develop fun, innovative features played by tens of thousands
- Design and implement scalable, reliable technologies.
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design through release
- Work with other engineers in client frameworks like Unity and WebGL.
- If you don’t know: Ruby on Rails, Scala, Unity, these are some of the technologies you can expect to learn at Disruptor Beam
What We Seek
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2+ years experience shipping scalable server side technologies.
- Experience building back-end systems using an application server environment (RoR, Scala/Play, Python/Django, node.js, or similar) that utilizes data persistence in SQL and/or NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis or similar). You don't need to know the exact technologies we use, but you do need a modern understanding of back-end architecture.
- Experience working in a client-server architecture.
- Big plus: prior experience shipping a game. [if you haven't shipped a game, it will be important that you enjoy games, though!]Experience developing for at least two of the three following development platforms: iOS (using Objective C) or Android.
- Strong fundamental understanding of multi-threaded, object-oriented programming
- High adaptability: because we develop for a range of devices and environments, you need to be constantly learning to apply your skills to new technologies and platforms.
What You’ll Get
Disruptor Beam offers a competitive, high quality benefit programs to their employees designed to help support employees’ overall health, savings and retirement goals. Other programs help protect employees against income interruption and the financial effects of illness. Helping to support the needs of our employees and their families is a high priority for Disruptor Beam.
We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
Start work earlier or later according to your inner clock as the core office hours don’t start until 10 am.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.