The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Redwood City, CA
Are you a jack of all trades Software Engineer, who likes to get your hands into a little bit of everything, in a big fish, small pond kind of environment? Is solving interesting problems, whatever the case may be, your cup of tea? Are you interested in being one of a small, elite team, making high impact contributions to game-side and/or core-tech side technology to the very highest quality console games in the industry, such as award-winning, best in class franchises like Tomb Raider and other current and future unannounced awesomeness?
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming today. 20+ years of history creating fun and exciting titles for the world to enjoy as well as our studioas 1000+ years of combined game industry experience provides a rich tapestry of tested and new ideas to draw from as have established us as one of the best studios in the world to work for.
Join now to be part of exciting new AAA projects, including but not limited to award winning franchises such as Tomb Raider
being built in our Redwood City studio, just south of San Francisco. Benefits for this Generalist Software Engineer full-time position include competitive salary, health insurance options to suit all lifestyles, generous paid time-off, as well as other studio and corporate perks, such as a free gym and discounts on games and goodies. Onsite Temporary or Contract Programmers may be considered!
Crystal Dynamics is looking for a talented Generalist Programmer to work in collaboration with Artists, Animators, a Designers and other Programmers on a game team to develop and iterate on engine systems and tools pipelines for AAA titles. The successful Mid-level Generalist will have expertise in one or more of the following specialties: Animation, Physics, 3D Graphics/Rendering, AI, Player systems, Cameras, Audio, Networking and game Tools.
A successful Generalist will have the ability to assist other Programmers on defining robust and efficient solutions to systems and tasks and will be given the opportunity to partner with teammates to shape sophisticated game systems and pipelines. This Generalist can expect to grow skills in pipeline/systems design and implementation while contributing to the foundation for AAA titles.
- Work with artists, designers, animators, and programmers to spec out improvements to existing tools or new tools as required.
- Implement these improvements or new tools and iterate on them with input from users.
- Architect, program, and optimize C++ in existing or new systems, and focus on one or more game related specialties.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge
- Must be a self-starter that manages time, responsibilities and produces high quality work.
- Ability to effectively translate artist issues as well as independently identify pipeline and usability issues, as well as be able to build effective solutions efficiently.
- Must be able to work closely with designers, artists, and programmers to develop compelling technology innovative game systems and features.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities solve problems.
- Must be able to accurately assess time requirements and complexity of assigned systems.
- Must be able to design systems thoroughly and break into manageable tasks.
- Ability to collaborate as member of a team and work toward team goals.
- 3+ years game industry or related programming experience.
- Experience in one or more areas of game tools and pipelines with a specialization in one or more DLC tools.
- Experience working with Python and Maya.
- Experience working with C#.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here