The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts or Remote
What We're Looking For:
An enthusiastic junior or senior software engineer to work on strategy / RPG titles currently in development.
Working on a smaller sized team, applicants will have the opportunity to take on different roles, potentially working on gameplay features, tools, performance optimization and whatever else comes up.
Work would take place remotely (we have no physical office, with people currently in MA, FL and WA) most of the team is in MA) and you would be expected to generally be online and available in company chat on weekdays during "core" hours but otherwise can set your own schedule.
Crate is an independent PC developer with a current team of 12, led by game industry veterans with over 15 years of individual experience. Our first title, the PC ARPG Grim Dawn, has sold over a million copies with a 91% Steam user rating. Recently we've released an expansion, Ashes of Malmouth and have two other projects in the works.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for core PC games, to work in a fun, creative environment without the stress and politics that often exist in big companies tied to publisher / investor milestone schedules.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science
- Proficiency in C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-driven and able to accomplish goals with minimal supervision
- Must reside in the United States and be authorized to work
- 2+ years of professional game industry experience and at least one shipped title.
- 2+ years professional experience coding in C++
- Passion for games and some background playing PC strategy and RPG / ARPG genres
- Experience programming with C#
- Prior work in the Unity and / or Unreal engines
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.