The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Diego, CA
Psyonix, an independent videogame developer located in downtown San Diego, is looking for an experienced User Interface Programmer that can help implement highly responsive and portable UI solutions for new and existing game titles.
As a skilled engineer, you will help to architect a scalable and reusable interface model, create interactive components that are intuitive as well as extensible, and collaborate with artists to deliver a high quality user experience.
- Architect, implement, and maintain new and existing interfaces and UI systems
- Work with UI/UX Lead, Designers, Artists, and Programmers to create high quality user experiences
- Work with UI Artist(s) to come up with practical solutions to graphical and layout issues; create dynamic and responsive UI that can scale and reflow to suit a variety of resolutions and localized content
- Implement final artwork from UI Artist(s); work with them to ensure assets are reconstructed in-game to match the mockup and vision
- Help to maintain a clean and optimized UI codebase, ensure consistent coding conventions, and help develop best practices
- Evaluate new software, UI development techniques, and ways to improve workflow and boost team productivity
- Has 5+ years experience, preferably within the games industry
- Is highly proficient with front-end web development (HTML5/CSS3/JS)
- Has experience developing UI using Flash/Scaleform
- Has experience developing UI using Coherent GT or other webkit-based UI solutions
- Has a solid understanding of interface conventions and knowledge of current tools and trends in UI development
- Has shipped UI for projects across a variety of platforms (PC, console, mobile, etc.)
- Works well in a team environment with both programmers and artists
- Can listen to feedback and collaborate with others to come up with creative solutions to challenging designs
Additional Preferred Software:
- Unreal Engine 3 & 4
Interested? Apply now!
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.