The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Richardson, TX
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a talented Senior Generalist Programmer to work as part of a development team on legendary id game properties like DOOM and QUAKE, developing custom tools and technology for the game industry's most advanced engine technology.
Activities / Responsibilities:
The generalist programmer is responsible for co-developing requirements for new systems, engaging in iterative development in C++, writing documentation and supporting the content developers professionally. The generalist programmer should be proactive and prepared to take accountability for the development activities assigned. Not limited to:
- Evaluating architecture of existing technology
- Extending existing systems to meet long-term needs of ongoing development
- Working with an external development partner to review implementation
- Designing and implementing entirely new system to meet gameplay design needs
- 2 years of game industry experience
- Strong C++ coding and systems design experience
- Experience with PC games
- At least one shipped title where credited as a programmer
- Excellent math skills
- Self-motivated, but able to receive constructive feedback and integrate into work
- Excellent team player with very strong work ethic and a collaborative/cooperative attitude
- Passion for game development and game technology
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines, and efficient game development processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Education:
- First person shooter or other action shooter experience
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent study in related field
- Experience with most or all subsystems of gaming engines (rendering, gameplay, audio, networking)
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.