The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Mobile Game Engineer, Sega Networks
Location: San Francisco, CA
Three Rings, one of SEGA’s premiere online games studios, is growing our San Francisco, CA team. We're looking for game developers with strong mobile and server-side backgrounds, who want to join a fun team of bright engineers who get stuff done. Ideal candidates will be equally comfortable discussing scene graphs, matchmaking algorithms, scaling high-traffic server applications and SQL explain plans with a team of passionate peers. Candidates should enjoy a self-directed, fast-paced environment that gives you room to apply your expertise and make an impact.
What You Would Do:
- Build amazing games. Get stuff done quickly.
- Be passionate, take pride in your work, and have a sense of ownership.
- Contribute in game design and architectural discussions - and be responsible for implementing all or parts of a project.
- Work in a collaborative and open setting with experts in marketing, publishing and the live operation of online games.
What You Need To Have:
- Experience shipping games on iOS and Android.
- A broad understanding of major game systems – graphics, client/server, physics, etc.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with object-oriented languages. C# and Java preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Unix environments and SQL (MySQL, Postgres).
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices and a willingness to learn.
- The ability to work in a high-energy environment.
- Our expertise is in MMO development and mobile games.
- We work in small teams of 5-8 engineers to make amazing things. We encourage autonomy and personal ownership.
- We believe that good work gets done as part of a balanced life.
- We encourage new ideas and creativity. Our office is a fun, friendly place, complete with a fully stocked kitchen, a steampunk submarine and other geeky goodies. We live for games and are looking for people who share our passion.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.