The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canda
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Team Lead Programmer to help drive the development of a multi-platform next generation title at our Toronto studio.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
- Determine the tech needs for the team and work with third party middleware vendors;
- Balance staying on top of the code base/tech, actively writing code and engineering game systems/tools with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead;
- Establish clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews;
- Coordinate, mentor and build a cohesive programming team;
- Ensure the creation of strong technical documentation and assist in the creation of submission materials as required by console manufacturers;
- Work with the production, programmers, design and art leads to create task and schedule estimates for programming team and track development efforts across the team;
- Continually review the game and development process and identify areas that need improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience;
- 5 - 10 yrs experience in the game industry on console platforms;
- 1 - 3 yrs experience with cross platform console development as a Senior Programmer or Lead Programmer;
- Interest and experience in most aspects of game technology development (audio, 3D, animation, gameplay, UI, network and tools);
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming and debugging;
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
- Candidate should be self-motivated, with strong work ethic and excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate and work well other disciplines;
- Experience using one or more commercial game engines;
- Knowledgeable in refactoring and optimization when they are appropriate.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Scored by The Economist as the Best City to Live, our studio is located in the trendy Junction Triangle located in West Toronto, close to TTC, the hottest bars and restaurants, and excellent coffee shops. We celebrate successes as a team at our monthly UbiBash events, and invite our families to events throughout the year including our annual Kids Holiday Party and Summer BBQ. We give back to help make our community better through our team volunteer days and fundraising activities. We hold regular game jams to fuel our team’s creativity. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and provides the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development, flexible days, on-site Yoga and Bootcamp classes, fresh fruit, Life Drawing classes, as well as spontaneous team surprises such as Pi Day, Star Wars Day, and Halloween.
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.