The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Seattle, WA
Amazon Game Services builds foundational products that bring some of the most creative, exciting, and innovative games to life. We’re a small, entrepreneurial team within a large, strategically important division of Amazon; and we’re here to make history in the annals of gaming.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to work with our Lumberyard teams, and to help internal studios and external partners who use that technology create amazing games. You will work with designers, artists, and other game programmers on a variety of projects. You will also work with product managers and Lummberyard engineers to represent customer interests and to contribute to our future technical roadmap. As a technical contributor in continuous contact with internal and external customers, you will also help us develop our product support plan; and contribute to our overall technical roadmap. You will be the champion for our users.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine development experience.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, going through the game production and shipping lifecycle for at least one title.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code in a popular object oriented language like C# or C++.
- Strong understanding of mathematical concepts, graphics, data transformation, and memory management.
- Strong game industry experience (3+ years) working on cross-platform games on mobile, PC, or console.
- Knowledge of the C++ standard library, STL containers, and algorithms.
- Specialized skills in one or more particular areas of game development; such as AI, physics, graphics, networking/multiplayer.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services; such as IAM, S3, EC2, DynamoDB, and Lambda.
- Excited about technology, have a strong interesting in learning about and playing with the latest technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, Desire to demonstrate and teach internal tech and tools to Amazon game teams.