The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Austin, TX
Do you want to work in the game industry, but are tired of interviewing with teams using proprietary tech and tools from the last century? BattleCry Studios has opportunities for developers to work with technology that is helping to move the industry forward.
We are seeking a qualified Senior Server Engineer to help develop our recently announced online title, BATTLECRY! The successful candidate will use his/her C++11 and Python skills to help us architect a horizontally scalable backend infrastructure being deployed to AWS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred. (In lieu of degree, we'd accept extensive relevant experience + a passion for technology.)
- 5+ years professional software development experience writing online applications and/or services
- A strong Python and/or strong C++ background coding object oriented applications
- Expertise in building multi-threaded, multi-process, real-time systems
- Experience tuning real-time server systems for performance and reliability
- Excellent analytical and software architectural skills
- Ability to learn and pick up new skills/technology as required
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Experience with relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Experience with messaging architectures, preferably utilizing RabbitMQ
- Experience with distributed caching
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience mentoring or directing work of more junior staff
- Game industry experience
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.