The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Espoo, Finland
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our Battle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Are you excited about Synchronous PvP? Are you thrilled by competitive games? Our Battle Studio in Espoo, Finland are creating cutting-edge mid-core games and establishing new IPs. Excitement is brewing as the team prepares to tackle ambitious goals. Feel inspired by the opportunity and freedom of getting involved at the game’s genesis.
Design and implement rules, gameplay, content and structure for games in all phases from concept and presentation to implementation, release and Liveops. Participate in all elements of game design as part of a small, talented and autonomous team. Take full responsibility for creative decisions to make a game fun for our players. Provide game design feedback on other team’s projects within the Studio. Mentor Designer Trainees, Junior Designers and Game Designers.
Join us as we create world-class player vs PvP experiences for mobile devices.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Design best-in-class mobile Battle experiences
- Work on all aspects of the game including combat systems, metagame balance, social and PvP systems, reward structures, and monetization
- Write documentation, create UI mockups, and balance economy models
- Communicate your design clearly and collaborate with artists, programmers and fellow game designers
- Create and lead the execution of game concepts that meet or exceed the technical, creative and commercial aims of the project
- Continuously play, analyze and discuss competitor games to remain an expert in the target genre
We’d love if you have these feathers in your cap:
- 5+ years experience working as a game designer
- Commercial experience working on F2P mobile games, preferably mid-core
- Experience in creating and leading game concepts and features
- Experience working with social or multiplayer systems that affect the entire player-base
- Experience creating and balancing competitive play
- A genuine passion for F2P and mobile games
- Equal parts ambitious and Team orientated
- Open to feedback and eager to learn and apply new skills
- Strong interest and belief in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition
We want the best team, not necessarily the best individuals, so we’re looking for team members who want to work on problems worth solving. If you’re wondering if you should apply or not, we hope you do.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.