The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Angeles, California
YOUR CAREER! We are growing in the publishing space and looking to incubate new ideas – this is a great time to join the team and help us shape the organization! Our team will create games and interactive experiences that extend engagement with the company’s franchises on mobile, console, PC and emerging platforms such as Virtual and Augmented Reality.
YOUR SPACE! We have a start-up feel with big company resources. While each location is unique, our Gaming group sits on the DreamWorks Animation campus that is specifically designed to provide an unparalleled working environment. A tranquil campus tucked away with free yoga classes, water fountains, koi ponds, walking paths and even a few ping pong tables to help break up the day and inspire our employees to enjoy, innovate, and create.
YOUR LIFE! We offer a number of benefits and initiatives aimed at making sure our employees stay healthy and energized including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Summer Fridays, movie screenings, Universal Studios theme park passes, free annual health screenings and flu shots, an on-campus doctor, weight management and smoking cessation programs, as well as an on-campus nutritionist.
In this role, you'll be responsible for driving product vision, business strategy, improved game performance and increased player engagement for the mobile platform business within the Games & Digital Platforms Group.
- Create/discover new levers, channels and best practice strategies to grow the Digital Platform’s Group’s user base, with an emphasis on our mobile titles. Think outside the box and closely watch strategies across the app ecosystem
- Work with Game Studios and Marketing leads from Paid Acquisition, Brand, Consumer Research, Corporate Development, and others to develop and execute integrated marketing plans through all phases of product development
- Leverage existing user acquisition channels, including advertising, awareness, integrated media, community and PR in developing a repeatable growth playbook spanning distribution across an app’s full lifecycle
- Be a leader in soft launching our apps, ensuring that we have the right processes to release optimized hits worldwide
- Identify and analyze best practices for optimization and feature implementation
- Exhibit sound product judgment to influence the roadmap of several games
- Drive user and competitive research to uncover user segments and identify player needs and product value propositions that resonate with discreet audience segments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills (specifically to include Word, PowerPoint Excel, and Photoshop) and working knowledge of technical aspects of key gaming platforms, including PC and console.
- Strong attention to detail, including working with milestone schedules, budgets, and approvals databases.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative modeling skills with a focus on data-driven decision making.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with the interactive gaming market and an ability to play through mobile, console and PC games.
- Passion for business, technology and delivering world-class consumer gaming experiences, and the drive to execute those ideas cross-functionally.
- Nimbleness and comfort responding quickly to a rapidly evolving marketplace.
- 2+ years of experience working in product management at digital/gaming companies and/or film studios.
- History of working with a wide variety of business disciplines and stakeholders while delivering exceptional follow-up/follow-through.
Additional Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.