The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled art director to work on all things Diablo.
As art director, you will ignite and inspire others both as a leader and as an artist. As a leader you will be a motivational catalyst for the art team. As an artist, your vision and direction will help define the look of new characters, environments, and architecture in the Diablo style. In addition to driving and evangelizing a clear visual direction within the art team, you will also ensure close collaboration with design, programming, production and other disciplines.
Our ideal candidate is a proven leader who is cool under pressure, yet possesses a strong vision and passion for all things Diablo, incredible communication skills, excellent artistic ability and a track record of working well with others.
- Own, articulate, and evangelize visual direction for all things Diablo.
- Lead, inspire, and mentor artists and art leads.
- Direct multiple art disciplines to achieve awesome results.
- Create concept paintings, models, textures and other benchmark assets that inspire others.
- Work closely with game design to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department.
- Partner with art management to ensure team is healthy and strong.
- Passion for games with a deep understanding and love of the Diablo franchise
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience crafting video game art
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a lead artist or art director
- Extensive experience developing and refining unique visual styles
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques, as well as, fundamental art principles
- Proven ability to visually solve problems in collaboration with other artists and leads of other disciplines
- Able to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the Diablo style
- Incredible communication and interpersonal skills
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing