August 17, 2022 – The cat-tastic kingdom of Catizens (Steam) opens its gates to aspiring and fluffy adventurers today! Get ready for an un-fur-gettable experience where you build the purrfect settlement, nurture pawsitive relationships, and save the kingdom from a cat-astrophe. There's so much you can do in Catizens – we're not kitten-around!
Catizens has pounced its way into Early Access with three of the six planned story levels, as well as the sandbox mode. Sit back, relax, and bat a few things off of your table while you watch the launch day trailer on YouTube right meow!
Key features of the game:
- Unique cats with purr-sonalities. Every catizen has its own quirky cattitude and will form relationships with others! Sometimes, they'll have personal requests that you'll need to fulfill. Can you keep them satisfied and happy?
- Customize cats and design their home. Pick from a range of facial and body features, and traits. Decorate the settlement with different accessories, coloured roofs, and other little details to make those balls of floof as comfortable as can be.
- Herd your clowder of cats. Catizens can specialize in a variety of professions, from farming to blacksmithing, and even knighthood. Just imagine an adorable kitten in armor!
- Explore the wilderness. Develop and expand your settlement in a range of areas with varying environments. Can you find the best fishing spots, discover hidden treasures, and charm quirky characters that may offer up quests? It's a cat-venture!
- Pet the cats. That's right, you can pet the cats in Catizens!
Catizens is developed by Bad Optics, a small development studio based in the US. The game is published by HeroCraft PC.
About HeroCraft PC
HeroCraft PC is a subdivision of HeroCraft—an established developer and publisher of high-quality games, including King of Dragon Pass, Tempest, and Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf. The company’s portfolio comprises over 10 games with a focus on role-playing, action and strategy titles. HeroCraft PC is currently publishing several games, including Gravewood High (Steam, EGS), Revival: Recolonization (Steam), Anvil Saga (Steam), Roboholic (Steam), and Organs Please (Steam).
About Bad Optics Games
A US-based indie studio working on their debut project, Catizens. The team is led by Yang Shan Lin, who brings a wealth of video game development experience. She has previously worked on The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 as a gameplay engineer.
HeroCraft PC PR Manager
Please contact [email protected]
Download the trailer and screenshots here