See a new way to rule the galaxy in the Overlord launch trailer, on the Stellaris YouTube channel:
Originally launched in May 2016, Stellaris celebrates its 6th anniversary this month with a series of free new in-game cosmetic options for player empires, and a sale on the core Stellaris game at the largest discount in the title’s history on Steam. In addition, the new 3.4 “Cepheus” update is available now, free for all Stellaris players, adding new content and quality updates created by the Stellaris Custodian Team. For a full list of free updates, see the patch notes here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/dev-team-3-4-2-cepheus-patch-released-checksum-7836.1524452/
Features of Overlord include:
- Rulers Make the Rules:
New vassalization mechanics let you define the role of your new subjects - create new Specialist Empires to grow into economic superpowers, military specialists, and technological creators. Negotiate or demand contracts and agreements between your vassals to define the future of dozens of worlds, and reap the benefits!
- The Brightest Star Must Guide Them:
Seek out and unite scattered empires across the stars! As you explore the vast galaxy you’ll encounter more unique enclaves of people, from mysterious shroudwalkers to militaristic mercenaries and crafty salvagers. Will you forge a mutually beneficial relationship and earn their unique services, or will they submit to your rule by force?
- Five New Origins to Lord Over:
- Imperial Fiefdom - You may be just a Specialist Empire now, but some day, the galaxy may need a new ruler… don’t leave any doubt that it will be you.
- Slingshot to the Stars - The ruined remains of a Quantum Catapult have been discovered near your homeworld - what secrets might it unlock if your people are clever enough to bring it back online?
- Subterranean - Your species adapted to life underground, excelling in mining and archaeology. Now it’s time to see what awaits you far, far above the surface!
- Teachers of the Shroud - Developing in contact with the curious psions known as the Shroudwalkers, your empire has learned a thing or two about expanding their minds!
- Progenitor Hive - Under your leadership, this hivemind empire can achieve more than ever before… but without your guidance, the hive will fall to ruin!
- Engineer the Future and Showcase Your Power:
New feats of technology will give your empire the edge it needs to become the dominant force across the galaxy.
- Orbital Rings will elevate your influence (and defense) in grand displays of power from your planets further into space.
- Hyper Relays will give your fleets the ability to enforce your will across the stars faster than ever before.
- Quantum Catapults enable new ways to react quicker in the galaxy while projecting your might - but it’s a daring one-way trip for your fleet!
- Four new music tracks to inspire your rise to greatness.
* Regional prices are subject to currency rates and local adjustments.
About Paradox Interactive
The Paradox Interactive group includes development, publishing, and licensing of games and brands, consisting of a portfolio of more than 100 titles created both internally and by independent studios. Paradox owns an array of award-winning and top-selling brands including Cities: Skylines, Stellaris, Crusader Kings, Victoria, Age of Wonders, and the World of Darkness catalogue.
>From the company’s start in 2004, Paradox has published its games worldwide, with top markets including the USA, UK, China, Germany, France, Russia, and Scandinavia. Today, over five million gamers play a Paradox game each month.
Paradox Interactive AB (publ)’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier under ticker PDX. FNCA Sweden AB is the company’s Certified Adviser. For more information, please visit www.paradoxinteractive.com.