LOS ANGELES (February 24, 2022) – SQUARE ENIX® announced today that OCTOPATH TRAVELER™: Champions of the Continent, an immersive mobile RPG experience based on the critically acclaimed OCTOPATH TRAVELER series, will launch on iOS and Android devices in 2022. Starting today, players can register to participate in a Closed Beta Test for the Android version of the game, which will be held from March 22nd 5:00 PM PDT through April 4th 11:59 PM PDT, through Google Play™.
Watch the new OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent teaser trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQV-U8IgGjc
In OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent, players will experience a brand-new story in the world of Orsterra, a few years prior to the events of the beloved and award-winning RPG OCTOPATH TRAVELER. Travel Orsterra as “the Chosen One,” and fight to stop ruthless tyrants who seek to unleash a bottomless darkness upon the land. Enjoy high quality graphics, engaging combat and storytelling akin to OCTOPATH TRAVELER in this adventurous prequel mobile title.
OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent features:
- HD-2D: Evolved Pixel Art – The game’s classic 2D pixel art is enhanced with 3D-CG effects, bringing the wonderous world of Orsterra to life. Rediscover the beautifully stylized environments filled with side quests, dangerous bosses, and treasures.
- Strategic and Exhilarating Combat – Dive into an evolved command-style battle system, which utilizes up to eight party members and swipe controls that allow for fast paced command selection.
- A Massive Character Roster – Choose from over 64 characters at launch to create an endless combination of teams. Customize team builds for each fight to reign victorious on the battlefield.
- Unique Interaction Paths – Unlock endless possibilities for character interactions, including the ability to “Inquire” for information, “Entreat” for items, or “Hire” characters as a party
- An Epic Game Soundtrack – Yasunori Nishiki, the composer behind the beloved OCTOPATH TRAVELER soundtrack, is back for this latest instalment with new compositions to OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent.
OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent will be available for iOS and Android devices later this year. For more information, visit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.octopathw
Official Website: https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/games/octopath-traveler
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
OCTOPATH TRAVELER, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.