Erlangen, Germany, August 4 2022 | With Into the Rift , the indie developer studio Boxelware is releasing a new DLC for the space sandbox Avorion today. The new expansion lets players travel to a previously unknown dimension. Here they will complete research expeditions and earn lucrative rewards. In addition to all the new features and improvements, the indie studio Boxelware has advanced the story and lore of Avorion with the DLC. Into the Rift is available from today for €8,99 / $9,99.
The official trailer for the Into the Rift DLC:
Into the Rift takes players into a new environment where they uncover the secrets surrounding the origins of the numerous galactic rifts. The journey into the unknown is only possible thanks to new technology. Ships are now capable of travelling between all the rifts scattered throughout the galaxy since the last attack by the fiendish Xsotan. Now it's up to the players to bring an end to the war against the Xsotan plague once and for all. By embarking on challenging rift expeditions in the service of the rift research centres, players can collect valuable research data. This can be traded for upgrades such as powerful hybrid subsystems for their ships or they can keep everything they found on their perilous journey for themselves. The deeper the players travel into the new dimension, the more dangerous the adventure becomes. However, with greater danger comes greater rewards!
The space sandbox Avorion has sold over 500,000 copies thanks to continuous maintenance and Black Market DLC. Thanks to these updates, as well as the game's inherent playability, Avorion has received over 10,000 reviews on Steam. These Steam reviews are 90% positive, making Avorion one of the best-rated games from Germany on Steam. Into the Rift is the second official DLC for the title. Main features of Into the Rift
- A previously uncharted dimension: Players explore dangerous new environments while uncovering the secrets of the Rift Dimension.
- New Story Campaign: The fate of the galaxy is in the players’ hands. Is this the end of the Xsotan plague?
- In the service of research: Collected research data can be sold or exchanged for new hybrid subsystems.
- Hidden treasures: Undisturbed ancient wrecks and more lost treasures – a visit to the Rift Dimension is lucrative for all players.
- Two new captain classes: Scientists assist in collecting research data to be sold or traded for subsystems. Xsotan Hunters attract large Xsotan specimens that players can wipe out to secure valuable loot.
- New enemies, new opportunities: The galaxy's most ruthless enemies await in the Rift Dimension – new Xsotan and new bosses. The most skilled players will be able to use the ancient defences to their advantage.
- Legendary Hybrid Subsystems: More than a dozen new subsystems equipped with the best features from multiple worlds are available for starships.
- Co-op Rift Missions: Players can team up with friends to take on the most dangerous Rift missions.
Founded in January 2016 by Konstantin Kronfeldner, Boxelware is the indie studio that is developing Avorion. Konstantin has been creating Avorion as a side project next to his studies in computer science. After being greenlit in December 2015 in only 9 days, Konstantin decided to develop Avorion full-time and teamed up with a new developer, Philipp Erhardt. After a successful kickstarter campaign, they released Avorion into Early Access on Steam in January 2017. On March 9th, 2020, Avorion was brought to Full Release.